23:15:38 Saturday, October 24
Politics Economy Agriculture Society IT Education Medicine Religion Communal Services Incidents Crime Culture Sport

Mayor notices increase of new housing supply in Penza

15:42 | 21.12.2016 | Economy

Print

Penza, 21 December 2016. PenzaNews. The development of the construction industry in Penza made it possible to bring 485,000 square metres of housing into operation, which is 20,000 metres more than the last year. This was said by the head of the city administration Victor Kuvaytsev during his report on preliminary results of the social and economic development of Penza, which took place in the grand hall of the mayor’s office on Wednesday, December 21.

Mayor notices increase of new housing supply in Penza

© PenzaNewsBuy the photo

“Within the order of the Russian president, all events aimed at resettlement of residents from dilapidated and shabby housing must be continued. In 2016, it is planned to carry out resettlement of 57 dilapidated houses where more than 1,700 Penza residents live. In 2017, it is planned to resettle 2,225 Penza residents from 101 dilapidated houses,” he said.

According to Victor Kuvaytsev, during the time of the programme operation since 2008, about 7,000 people moved from 343 dilapidated houses into new ones and capital repairs were conducted in 46 apartment buildings.

“Housing provision to orphans is under special control of the Russian Federation government. This year, with the support of the Penza region government, the construction of three apartment blocks for 147 flats in the Zarya area was finished,” the head of the Penza administration noted.

Lastest headlines
Read also