About 240 people tested for coronavirus in Penza region
Penza, 10 March 2020. PenzaNews. 239 people were tested for coronavirus in Penza region. This was reported by Minister of Health of the region Alexander Nikishin.
© PenzaNewsBuy the photo
"So far, 229 people have been removed from the register," he said during an operational meeting at the regional government on Tuesday, March 10.
Alexander Nikishin added that ten more people, who had come from countries, where cases of coronavirus infection were identified, remained under surveillance.
"After double confirmation of a negative result, these patients will be discharged from medical facilities," explained the minister.
According to him, another 78 people who had contact with potentially contagious people are in a two-week home quarantine and have been issued sick leaves.
"There are no cases of coronavirus confirmation on the territory of Penza region today," said Alexander Nikishin.