No money allocated on New Year decorations from Penza city budget
Penza, 26 December 2016. PenzaNews. The funds for New Year street decorations were not allocated from the Penza city budget in 2016. This was reported by the governor Ivan Belozertsev at the press conference in the regional government on Monday, December 26.
© PenzaNewsBuy the photo
“As for the New Year decorations, we didn’t allocate money for this from the Penza city budget,” the head of the region said.
He added that last year, a few days before New Year, he held a meeting with the representatives of the energy companies, during which he suggested them contributng to the creation of a festive atmosphere, spending 1-2 million rubles on it.
“This sum of money is not large for their companies,” Ivan Belozertsev noted adding that his words were heard.
“Last year, five days before New Year, the situation changed for the better. This year I asked the heads of the municipal settlements to start New Year decoration of cities, districts, especially the administrative centre, in the middle of October,” the governor said.
He emphasized that the experience proved to be successful.
“We see that today Penza clearly stands out compared to the last year. If you ask the city authorities, what funds were allocated, you’ll see that it is only little money from the city budget,” Ivan Belozertsev explained.
The governor also added that the people of the Penza region deserve that the streets are beautifully decorated and festive atmosphere prevails everywhere.