Number of methanol poisoning victims reaches 5 people
Penza, 23 November 2016. PenzaNews. Another person, who got poisoned by the poor-quality alcohol in Kuznetsk of the Penza region, died on Wednesday, November 23. This was reported by the senior assistant of the head of the regional Investigative Committee for media relations Lyudmila Fomina.
© PenzaNewsBuy the photo
“It is the man of 1982 year of birth,” the interlocutor specified.
According to her, 12 people are still in hospitals.
As it was reported earlier, a criminal case was opened on the mass alcohol poisoning in Kuznetsk under Part 3, Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation “Production, storage, transportation and trade in goods or products, work or service delivery that do not correspond to the safety requirements”.
It is known that on November 20, a group of more than 10 people celebrated a birthday in the “Nora” show bar. According to the mayor of Kuznetsk Sergei Zlatogorsky, the celebration participants were friends since childhood.
At night the guests felt unwell and 11 people were hospitalized.
Three men died on November 21.
The show-bar “Nora” owner Aleksey Terentyev, whose birthday was celebrated, died the next day. Methyl alcohol was found in blood of all those who died and were hospitalized.
According to the Minister of Agriculture of the Penza region Andrey Burlakov, the participants of the celebration drank Bacardi rum, besides this lot of the drink was not officially registered in the Unified State Automated Information System
As a result of the prosecutor’s investigation, a number of health legislation violations were registered in the show-bar “Nora” and in the bar “Grimm” that belonged to the same entrepreneur.
On November 23, the investigative department of the regional Investigative Committee set up the hot line. Residents of the region may call +7 (8412) 36-17-02 or 29-46-08 to report on suspicious alcohol containing products in ‘Bacardi Black Rum’ 1-liter bottles. Supposedly, this was the cause of the incident. It is possible that the residents bought some bottles of the surrogate alcohol.