16:21:47 Monday, October 18
Politics Economy Agriculture Society IT Education Medicine Religion Communal Services Incidents Crime Culture Sport

Penza Education Department head comments on school No. 50 incident

10:07 | 31.12.2015 | Society

Print

Penza, 31 December 2015. PenzaNews. Yuri Golodyaev, head of the Penza city Education Department, who visited the school No. 50 where the fire brigade successfully extinguished a smoldering area of 10 sq. meters in the attic above the sports hall shortly before, commented to PenzaNews on the aforementioned incident that took place in the morning of Thursday, December 31.

Yuri Golodyaev, head of the Penza city Education Department

© PenzaNewsBuy the photo

“The smoke activated the fire alarm. It was sent automatically; the doorkeeper was in the school, but currently all educational institutions are equipped in such away that the signal gets automatically transmitted to the united dispatch service. The firemen arrived to the scene immediately after receiving the signal,” he said.

Reportedly, the incident was caused by a short circuit failure, Yuri Golodyaev explained.

“It was the old wiring. Likely something shorted out, and therefore, the smoke,” he said.

The incident did not lead to any significant damage, as the fire dispatch worked in a very timely manner, pointed out the head of the Penza Education Department.

“The ceiling section that was dismantled to ensure that no smoldering elements remain will be repaired over the winter holidays, and afterwards the children will come back to the sports hall,” he added.

As PenzaNews agency reported earlier, the information about a fire in the Penza school No. 50 on Dokuchaeva street came from the bystanders in the morning of Thursday, December 31.

Shortly afterwards, Anna Shupilova, head of information and public relations division of the main EMERCOM department in the region, clarified that the reason for the fire brigade’s arrival is not a fire, but a smoldering area of 10 sq. meters in the attic above the sports hall, reportedly sparked by a short circuit failure.

There were no children in the school at the time of the incident; five school workers were evacuated during the operation, none of them were injured.

Lastest headlines
Read also